When you include Harvard Medical School in your estate plan, you create a legacy that has infinite impact.
Your planned gift directly helps to improve health and well-being for all.
Which gift option is best for you?
Gifts of Special Assets
There are several options to consider, including donating all or a percentage of the property, putting it in a charitable trust that affords you income for life or making a testamentary gift of real estate in your will or trust. You can save on taxes, increase your income, and direct how your gift will be used by HMS.
- Obtain assistance from Harvard in selling your property
- Secure a charitable income tax deduction and potentially save on gift and estate taxes
- Receive quarterly income for life from a trust or annuity
- Unlock appreciated assets without incurring capital gains tax
- Avoid separate investment management fees for certain gifts and access broad investment diversification through Harvard Management Company
- Fuel support for medical student scholarships, biomedical research, or global health care delivery
- Personal residence
- Vacation home
- Farm or agricultural land
- Commercial property or lot
- Undeveloped or unimproved land
Securities (Stocks, Bonds, and Mutual Funds)
- To make a gift of securities, please contact the Alumni and Development Services-Trust Administration at 866-845-6596 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To ensure proper processing of your gift, please notify Harvard of the stock transfer by completing this online form.
- All mutual fund transfers must be coordinated with the Alumni and Development Services-Trust Administration. For the team to determine the appropriate instructions, please call 866-845-6596 or email email@example.com with the following information: the name of the mutual fund, the number of shares, date of acquisition, and where the fund shares are currently held.
- For more information, please contact our gift planning team at 617-384-8449 or 800-922-1782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.