Harvard Medical School’s Office of Alumni Affairs and Development (AAD) programs and committees adhere to HMS’s community values.
Those involved with these programs and committees—staff, students, alumni, volunteers, and guests—are expected to abide by these values and are accountable for their conduct with all others.
HMS AAD reserves the right to suspend services and exclude any person whose inappropriate behavior adversely affects the safety, well-being, and inclusion of community members from participation in its programs.
HMS is a community dedicated to excellence and leadership in medicine through education, research, and clinical care.
We aspire to excellence through a commitment to our community values.
Collaboration & Service
- We work together to serve our HMS, neighboring, national, and global communities.
- We acknowledge that our behavior affects the experiences of others and act in ways that are kind and respectful to all.
Diversity & Respect
- We value and respect all individuals for their unique perspectives, experiences, and potential to contribute.
- We foster a culture of inclusion and engagement and communicate respectfully.
- We seek diversity and promote equity and social justice.
Integrity & Accountability
- We conduct our work honestly and ethically.
- We lead responsibly, hold ourselves accountable, and empathetically share constructive feedback.
- We speak up and empower others to do the same.
- We promote an environment of learning and discovery.
- We embrace innovation and understand that creative solutions often require taking risks.
- We strive for excellence through ongoing professional and personal improvement.
Wellness & Balance
- We value the well-being of every member of the community.
- We encourage and support healthy and productive lifestyles recognizing they require the integration of work and life.