Strong alumni support remains one of the School’s most steadfast and proud traditions.
Your Reunion is a time to reflect on the many unparalleled experiences your Harvard Medical School education has afforded you.
Many alumni stretch their annual giving, or give for the first time, to enable their class to present a gift that will make a substantial impact on HMS and its students.
Make an Outright Gift
Donors of $2,000 or more are welcomed as members of the Dean’s Council, HMS’s leadership annual giving society
- Visit our secure online gift form »
- Mail your check, made payable to Harvard Medical School, and including a note with your full name, address, and phone number, to:
Harvard Medical School
Alumni Affairs and Development
P.O. Box 419720
Boston, MA 02241-9720
- Call 617-384-8500
New 2021 Charitable Gift Tax Deductions
The Federal Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021, signed in late December, includes updates that extend CARES Act provisions and tax incentives for donors this year:
- Donors who do not itemize deductions on their taxes in 2021 can now deduct up to $300 in cash gifts. Jointly filing couples can deduct up to $600 in cash gifts.
- Donors who itemize can deduct up to 100% of their adjusted gross income for cash gifts. This deduction does not apply to gifts contributed to donor-advised funds.
- Donors ages 72 or older must take their required minimum distribution (RMD) from retirement plans in 2021. You may want to consider gifting it directly to charities to avoid taxable income.