Click here to hear Erika talk about
the impact of the Alumni Fund.
The Harvard Medical School Alumni Fund is integral to philanthropic support for the School. Dean Flier continues to direct these funds to scholarship support, one of the most pressing priorities at HMS. Gifts to the Alumni Fund represent a fantastic vote of confidence in the School, and most importantly, the students.
Alumni have a long tradition of giving back to Harvard Medical School to support the kinds of positive, career making experiences that they had here for the next generation of students. Gifts to the Alumni Fund have an immediate impact in providing scholarship and financial aid to students. Dean Jeffrey S. Flier, MD has championed scholarship support and is committed to directing all unrestricted gifts to the Alumni Fund to supporting financial aid. Therefore, 100% of your contribution directly supports student scholarship.
Fiscal Year 2012 Giving Highlights
- More than $1.89 million was contributed by alumni, through the Alumni Fund and the Amphitheater Chairs program, to support immediate-use student scholarships
- 33% of alumni gave to the School in FY12
- HMS continued to be need-blind in accepting students and Dean Flier continues to direct 100% of the Alumni Fund to student scholarships. In FY12
- 87% of MD students received financial aid.
- The average scholarship was $39,110
- 563 MD tudents received scholarships